In today’s show, our guest is Michael Liebowitz, the spokesman for the Libertarian Party of Connecticut, USA, and author of ‘Down the Rabbit Hole’, a book which discusses how the culture of penitential corrections within the United States encourages crime. We spoke mainly about the merits and chances of individual states within the US seceding from the control of the federal US government. In the discussion, and as prime secession ‘candidates’, we mentioned California, Texas, Florida, New Hampshire, Hawaii, and Alaska. We also spoke about Michael’s book, how he became the spokesman for Connecticut’s Libertarian Party, and a little time on his connection and affiliation with Ayn Rand, along with a short piece on whether Rand’s ‘Galt’s Gulch’ was a fictional example of a successful secession. Timecodes and specific sections, are below.
You can find out more about Michael’s book, here:
Michael’s own podcast, ‘The Rational Egoist’, can be found here:
The Libertarian Party of Connecticut can be contacted, here:
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:03 – Does Michael ‘believe’ in Secession?
- 4:38 – Is Secession ‘Legal’ under the US Constitution?
- 6:06 – California, Oregon, and Washington State Secession via ‘Cascadia’
- 8:03 – Was the 1776 American Revolution a ‘Valid’ Secession?
- 9:10 – Chances of the Recreation of ‘The Republic of Texas’?
- 10:22 – Likely US Federal Government Response to Attempted Secession?
- 12:12 – Chances of a Florida Secession?
- 14:38 – The ‘Free State Project’ in New Hampshire
- 18:37 – The Hawaiian Sovereignty Movement
- 19:26 – Chances of an Alaskan Secession?
- 19:33 – Dominic Frisby was Right, Shock!
- 20:02 – Michael’s Book, ‘Down the Rabbit Hole’
- 22:13 – Structure of the Book
- 23:55 – Sales of the Book
- 24:42 – How Michael became the Spokesman of the Libertarian Party of Connecticut
- 26:33 – What is ‘Political Success’ for a Libertarian Party?
- 28:56 – Michael’s Initiation with Ayn Rand
- 31:17 – Was ‘Galt’s Gulch’ a ‘Valid’ Secession?
- 31:54 – Wrap up
If you want to see more content like this, please like, share, and subscribe to this content and click the notification bell.