Today’s guest is Ken Yamarashi, the Everyday Samurai. We spoke about life, liberty, the body, and the mind, and how to tie up all four together into a single cohesive package. With a 33-year background in law enforcement and the military, Ken is a martial artist expert currently living in Japan with his own following of people who draw inspiration from his pathway through life. With his deep understanding of Austrian Economics and his pivotal appreciation of liberty, we spoke about his background, how to live a freer life, and how a person can manoeuvre through an increasingly chaotic world created by the world’s bureaucrats and states, fuelled by their endless fiat currency junk.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:27 – Who is the Everyday Samurai?
- 5:05 – How do Life, Liberty, Body, and Mind come together?
- 7:25 – Which comes first? The Body or the Mind?
- 10:31 – Should everyone adopt a martial art?
- 15:27 – Which is the best martial art for beginners?
- 18:00 – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Krav Maga
- 23:13 – How can we optimise the mind?
- 26:22 – Which exercise regime is optimal?
- 29:30 – The carnivore diet in Japan
- 34:53 – Tools to optimise the body beyond exercise?
- 37:00 – Supplementation? Cold and Hot body treatments?
- 40:42 – Going into the world as a free person? Life navigation?
- 46:21 – Remaining Zen-like! Dealing with sudden natural and political disasters?
- 53:49 – Did we miss anything?
- 55:55 – Wrap up and connecting with the Everyday Samurai
All links to the Everyday Samurai:
The Everyday Samurai Podcast:
The End of Gun Control Sub-Stack:
Money, Militia, and the Market: Three Elements to Secure Liberty
Shinzen Young and Unified Mindfulness:
Tony Blauer’s Spear System:
Hal Elrod and the Miracle Morning:
If you liked today’s show, please help us push the message of liberty by liking the video and subscribing to the channel. Also, if you could push and share this video down your own favourite social media channels, then we can assure you that the Gods and Goddesses of Liberty will smile down upon you from Mount Olympus.